The Elizabeth C. Hanson Scholarship provides up to $2000 to support students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences who are pursuing an internship in an international setting or in an organization deeply engaged in international matters. CLAS undergraduates interested in global studies, international political economy, globalization, and international culture and institutions are eligible to apply.
The application is now open in the Quest Portal. The deadline is March 13.
To be eligible to apply for the Hanson Scholarship:
- You must be an undergraduate in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at UConn and be in good academic standing.
- You must be applying for, or hold an offer from, an internship with an organization deeply engaged in international issues.
- The internship must entail at least 126 hours of work.
- You must enroll in an internship course of at least three credits prior to undertaking the work.
- Internships done abroad must be approved by UConn Experiential Global Learning. Your internship may be part of an existing study abroad program or you may petition to have your internship approved by Experiential Global Learning.
- Create a resume.
- Prepare a budget (e.g. travel, accommodations, food, tuition/fees)
- Write a 500 word (maximum) essay that addresses the following:
- What is the internship program for which you have applied? Why are you interested in this internship?
- What skills and knowledge do you hope to gain through it?
- How do these relate to your academic and career goals?
- Be sure to discuss how the internship experience and/or your academic and career goals align with the criteria of the Hanson Scholarship: engagement with global studies, international political economy, globalization, and international culture and institutions.
- Complete the online application at the Quest Portal by the deadline stated above.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.